By submitting your work to the
Documentary Cinema Prize (DCP), submitters/filmmakers are agreed to
all Terms and Conditions below in full:
Legally Secured Documentaries
1. Submitters/filmmakers must
have explicit permission to use any copyrighted material in the film
submitted and have all rights secured before submitting.
2. The competition is open for
everyone. All filmmakers, students, newcomers, passionate filmmaking
addiction traveler, are encouraged to submit.
3. We do not accept works-in-progress.
4. Non-English speaking documentary films are welcomed but must be
dubbed in English or with English subtitles.
5. There is no limit date regarding completion date.
6. There is no premiere policy for films submitted.
7. Documentary films with distribution channel are accepted, but
only for the competition.
8. If nominated, 2 DVD PAL (required) and 1 blu-ray (optional) or
DCP (optional), must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with title, length,
and director's name. Please mark your film with "No Commercial Value
- For Cultural Purposes Only" either on the envelope and the
shipping invoices. Submitted copies will not be returned.
9. A. Please send the DVDs/Blu-ray/DCP mentioned in point 2A through
courier, or post, or Digital Transfer Service. We do not accept data
for final judging and screening. We do not download.
B. Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in our
possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen
loss, stolen, or damage of entries. Please do not send originals. We
do not receive downloads of any kind.
10. The festivals will give Documentary Diamond Prize Award or
Documentary Platinum Prize Awards, or Documentary Gold Prize Awards,
and Official Selection according to their winning.
11. Documentary Cinema Prize will e-mail the submitters when the
works is selected.
12. Documentary Cinema Prize is scheduled to have its Awards
Ceremony on March 2017 in Indonesia. The Festival will email the
Nominees directly about the location.
13. Films that have been accepted
to the Festival cannot be withdrawn.
14. Regardless of the Prize and the winning status, winning
filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony in Indonesia, will
only receive laurels.
15. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any
reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
16. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have
accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and
reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity
purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material
should not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
17. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will be
screened. The festival has the full right to select the winning
films to be screened.
18. The Organizer may deny participation to any film unable to meet
the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
19. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in
the profile of the Festival, if it becomes necessary to do so due to
circumstances beyond his/her control.
20. All filmmakers/submitters are expected to keep communications
with the Festival/Organizer professional and in good taste. Failure
to do so may result in disqualification at any point in the
adjudication process, including the nullification of Official
Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Festival will only
communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to the
festival, and that Festival should not be expected to communicate
with any other persons.
21. The festival has the right to work with any institution and
partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint
events or promotions.
22. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in
regulations or scheduling.
23. In the case of any dispute concerning the definition of the
above eligibility, the interpretation of the Organizers shall be
final and conclusive.
24. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the
Documentary Cinema Prize shall be subjected to the exclusive
jurisdiction of the competent courts in North Jakarta. Any dispute
arising as a result of submission to the Festival will have recourse
limited to the lesser of either the submission fee paid, or the cost
of correcting the issue.
By submitting to the Documentary Cinema Prize,
- indicates that they have read, understand, agree with, and will
comply all of the Terms and Condition above, and accept all of the
terms and conditions herein, in their entirety, without
- agree to indemnify the Festival/Submitter and hold the
Festival/Submitter and our employees, owners, affiliates, and
partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your
participation or entry to the Festival.