By submitting your
work to the Best Short Cinema Prize (BESCP), submitters/filmmakers
are agreed to all Terms and Conditions below in full:
Legally Secured Film/Documentary
Submitters/filmmakers must have explicit permission to use any
copyrighted material in the film submitted and have all rights
secured before submitting.
2. The competition
is open for everyone. All filmmakers, students, newcomers are
encouraged to submit.
3. We do not
4. Non-English speaking documentary films are welcomed but must be
dubbed in English or with English subtitles.
5. There is no limit date regarding completion date.
6. There is no premiere policy for films submitted.
7. Short film/documentary with distribution channel are accepted,
but only for the competition.
8. If nominated, 2 DVD PAL (required) and 1 blu-ray (optional) or
DCP (optional), must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with title, length,
and director's name. Please mark your film with "No Commercial Value
- For Cultural Purposes Only" either on the envelope and the
shipping invoices. Submitted copies will not be returned.
9. A. Please send the DVDs/Blu-ray/DCP mentioned in point 8 through
courier, or post, or Digital Transfer Service. We do not accept data
for final judging and screening. We do not download.
B. Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in our
possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen
loss, stolen, or damage of entries. Please do not send originals. We
do not receive downloads of any kind.
10. The festivals
will give Short Diamond Prize Award or Short Platinum Prize Awards,
or Short Gold Prize Award, and Official Selection according to their
11. Best Short Cinema Prize will e-mail the submitters when the
works is selected.
12. Best Short Cinema Prize is scheduled to have its Awards Ceremony
on May 2017 in Indonesia. The Festival will email the Nominees
directly about the location.
13. Films that
have been accepted to the Festival cannot be withdrawn.
14. Regardless of the Prize and the winning status, winning
filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony in Indonesia, will
only receive laurels.
15. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any
reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
16. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have
accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and
reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity
purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material
should not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
17. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will be
screened. The festival has the full right to select the winning
films to be screened.
18. The Organizer may deny participation to any film unable to meet
the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
19. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in
the profile of the Festival, if it becomes necessary to do so due to
circumstances beyond his/her control.
20. All filmmakers/submitters are expected to keep communications
with the Festival/Organizer professional and in good taste. Failure
to do so may result in disqualification at any point in the
adjudication process, including the nullification of Official
Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Festival will only
communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to the
festival, and that Festival should not be expected to communicate
with any other persons.
21. The festival has the right to work with any institution and
partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint
events or promotions.
22. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in
regulations or scheduling.
23. In the case of any dispute concerning the definition of the
above eligibility, the interpretation of the Organizers shall be
final and conclusive.
24. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the Best Short
Cinema Prize shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the
competent courts in North Jakarta. Any dispute arising as a result
of submission to the Festival will have recourse limited to the
lesser of either the submission fee paid, or the cost of correcting
By submitting to the Best Short
Cinema Prize, submitter/filmmaker:
- indicates that
they have read, understand, agree with, and will comply all of the
Terms and Condition above, and accept all of the terms and
conditions herein, in their entirety, without modification.
- agree to indemnify the Festival/Submitter and hold the
Festival/Submitter and our employees, owners, affiliates, and
partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your
participation or entry to the Festival.